Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

When you see a movie...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.15.2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt header wrote:

For some movies, I think the experience is greatly heightened by visiting a packed theatre. For example, when I first saw Austin Powers in Goldmember, I laughed hysterically -- largely because the rest of the audience was equally agreeable. Seeing it again by myself, I realized it's not a very good film.

I had the same exact experience with that and, to a lesser extent, About Schmidt.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third M?n wrote:
matt header wrote:
Movie I wish I would have watched alone the first time: [/i]Monsters Inc., since I saw it with my girlfriend at the time and I cried. Yes, that's right, cried. Like a little girl. The date ended with me being the butt of many jokes.

I thought you were a macho man, Matt! Like, lots of hair on yer chest 'n' all!

I'd say the willingness to cry in public is more gutsy--and therefore more macho--than the usual bloated, testosterone stereotypes ever could be. I cried at that one, too, Matt. Or at least welled up. Actually, come to think of it, there may have just been something in my eye.

Eric
Lil' Jon
Grip

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beltmann wrote:
The Third M?n wrote:
matt header wrote:
Movie I wish I would have watched alone the first time: [/i]Monsters Inc., since I saw it with my girlfriend at the time and I cried. Yes, that's right, cried. Like a little girl. The date ended with me being the butt of many jokes.

I'd say the willingness to cry in public is more gutsy--and therefore more macho--than the usual bloated, testosterone stereotypes ever could be. I cried at that one, too, Matt. Or at least welled up. Actually, come to think of it, there may have just been something in my eye.

Eric

YEEEAH!
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Actually, come to think of it, there may have just been something in my eye.

Oh. Um, me too. Yeah. (cough) Yeah, I had something in my eye. Allergies. Yeah. That's it. (cough)

And if anything can make macho men break down and cry like little girls, it's an adorable toddler giggling at a giant furry blue monster peeking his head around a closet door. (misting up again...)
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Jon wrote:
beltmann wrote:
The Third M?n wrote:
matt header wrote:

Eric

YEEEAH!

Oh god. I'm officially sick of this joke, and this is coming from a Chapelle devotee. OKKAAYY? Mad Rolling Eyes
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt header wrote:
And if anything can make macho men break down and cry like little girls, it's an adorable toddler giggling at a giant furry blue monster peeking his head around a closet door. (misting up again...)

Confound it Matt, you made me well up all over again, and I spilled tears all over my G.I. Joes.

Eric
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beltmann wrote:
matt header wrote:

Confound it Matt, you made me well up all over again, and I spilled tears all over my G.I. Joes.

Eric

Right. So you cry at a film like that and yet deny the sheer greatness of the most macho, testosterone-oozing film of all time, Commando?

Shame on you.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third M?n wrote:
Right. So you cry at a film like that and yet deny the sheer greatness of the most macho, testosterone-oozing film of all time, Commando?

Shame on you.

LOL, Mr. Lime.

Commando oozes so much testosterone, it makes me cry through my sweat glands.

Eric
stefanieduckwitz
Director

PostPosted: 03.16.2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sick, and wrong.. that's what that is sick and wrong Beltmann. ( I get to feed "Glasses" tommorow YAY! Laughing
Hawkwing74
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 03.29.2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I have to see a movie on the big screen, and none of my friends want to go, I'll reluctantly go alone.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2