Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you feel about gay marriage?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.24.2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why play with the first of doing such an action? If you know the child is probably going to be damged by the adoption/artificial insemination, why even do it?

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.24.2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In other words, you're saying that a child would be somehow damaged by having gay parents. In what way?

-David Cronenberg
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.24.2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Careful, Danny, that slope you're on seems rather wet. If we're going to start regulating parenting in order to "protect" children, why stop with homosexual couples? Perhaps we should also restrict welfare recipients and high school dropouts, since that might be in the "best interests" of their children. As for me, I'd argue that children are far less likely to be damaged by gay parents than, say, by parents who are hunters, bowlers, or country music fans.

I've got it! We should medically sterilize all rednecks and homosexuals, as a matter of legal routine. That would lift society right back on track.

Eric
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.24.2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now we've gotten ourselves into an entirely different issue which I don't want to get into: the proper circumstances for having a child.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
stefanieduckwitz
Director

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, first of all, my dad is a bowler and a hunter, and I hunt too so watch what you say (even though I probably am in some way mentally "damaged") Second of all I love country music, so that just proves how much more I am "damaged" and yeah, that is all I have to say. LOL! Razz
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not surprised to see that religious beliefs came into interracial marriages as well. I still can't believe that people site Leviticus as their proof regarding the demonic social taboo of homosexuality, when practically every other Bible passage talks about loving everyone equally. And what do they argue with an atheist, I wonder?
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Belto! I'm starting an Anti Country Music Fan's Marriage Rights campaign.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Baldwin wrote:
Well, now we've gotten ourselves into an entirely different issue which I don't want to get into: the proper circumstances for having a child.

I say give all parents-to-be a test, and if they don't know who Pollock, Shelley, and Keaton are, shut 'em down.

Eric
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. Parental licensing. I've always toyed with that idea, but if it doesn't smack of social engineering, I don't know what does; and, anyway, how could you enforce it without getting completely barbarous?

Tooky Cat wrote:
I still can't believe that people site Leviticus as their proof regarding the demonic social taboo of homosexuality, when practically every other Bible passage talks about loving everyone equally. And what do they argue with an atheist, I wonder?

Well, the more enthusiastic bible literalist tends to lump homosexuals and atheists in the same camp anyway. They have little interest in discussing the evils of sodomy with a heathen, whose ungodliness would lead him to celebrate such perversion in the first place. Hmm, can you tell I've been down that road before?

-David Cronenberg
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.25.2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Point noted.
The Ringbearer
Grip

PostPosted: 03.26.2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am strongly opposed to gay marriage as (mostly) a result of my Christian faiths and (to a lesser degree) on my personal morals - meaning morals I truly believe I would have still obtained had Jesus not come into my life. I believe we were created to be with (sexually) a member of the opposite sex and I believe we were only meant to be with one lover for the rest of time. I've heard the arguements against God never actually showing distain for homosexuality in The Bible, but every time I return to the text (I own a King James Version) that's the only way I find it reads. It's obvious that even if it was not written in enough detail for most to be satisfied - the intention was still very clear. I truly believe God is against gay marriage and that it has nothing to do with loving everyone equally or being tolerant of others. In order to explain that, I must say that I also don't believe a human being is born gay. Someone acquires it for reasons of their own. This is all just my personal opinion and belief, no - nothing anyone says can change my mind, but yes - I would appreciate questions and/or critiques on my viewpoint. (I understand that I didn't go into the WHY's on my thoughts that deeply, and that is because, honestly, I'm too tired at this time.)
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.27.2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have one question for you: How many gay people do you know?
The Ringbearer
Grip

PostPosted: 03.27.2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, only one. I do, however, know quite a few lesbians - at least 10. I am good friends with the one gay man that I know, and he even knows how I stand on this subject. We still manage to stay cool with each other (somehow) and have been friends for some time. As for the gay women that I know, most of them I cannot stand to be around because they are. . .well. . . just dirty. In the Aguilera sense.
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.27.2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised that after talking with this friend of yours (as I'm sure you must have) that you can't understand that being gay is not a choice.

I believe that if two people are in love they have the right to be married. I don't think God, the government, society, or tradition can discriminate against their sexes.
The Ringbearer
Grip

PostPosted: 03.27.2004 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The question of whether being gay is a choice or not goes deeper than just yes or no for me. Maybe not in the sense that sometimes cases can be different - because I do think that ALL cases are choice, but more in the terms of "willingness to control urges." I believe no person is born gay, I DO believe we (or at least, most of us) have sexual urges toward members of the same sex (whether we admit it or not - and in most cases not; lol). I believe we have control over our urges the same way we have control over NORMAL sexual urges. If you believe homosexuality really is wrong (the way I think it is) and you were to experience an urge toward someone of the same sex, you should try to keep control of yourself and realize that this (remember, I'm extremely spiritual/religious) is Satan speaking to you and it is not a pure desire. The "idea" is not a sin (or morally wrong), but the "continued desire" and/or "action" is one. I find it hard to believe a gay man can actually not get turned on by a woman, no matter what they say. Sorry, just my opinion.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6