Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What did you watch this week?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Harper
Director

PostPosted: 01.02.2005 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
That's disappointing to hear. As a big Ramsey Campbell fan, I've been waiting years for this, the first movie based on any of his work, to be released in the US. On the other hand, yours is the first solidly negative reaction to it I've heard. I wouldn't mind reading a longer review, maybe for Flipside?

I'll see what I can do. I'll definitely give it another go, see how it feels a second time. It might just be my sense of disappointment after hearing how good both the film and Balaguero were, so it deserves a second viewing.

the night watchman wrote:
This was just released in the US, and I've been hesitant to pick it up; glad I didn't waste my time.

There are many direct-to-video, shot-on-digital Juon clones hitting the shelves in Japan at the moment, and a few of them have made it over to the west. I haven't seen any that were particularly good, but Ju-rei is one of the worst.
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 01.02.2005 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Continued here:

Screening Log 2005 - What did you watch this week?

After 74 pages and over 1,000 posts, it's probably wise that Eric started a new thread.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 01.03.2005 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So long What did you watch this week? thread. We'll miss you, old friend.

Excuse me ... I think I have something in my eye ...

-David Cronenberg
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 01.04.2005 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

:cry:

WEST BEND, WISCONSIN--Eric Beltmann, a thirty-year old high school English teacher, was arrested, today, for the possible first-degree murder of his long-time thread. It is rumored that he was having an affair with one called "Screening Log 2005." If convicted, he could receive the death penalty. A trial date has not yet been set.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 01.04.2005 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obituaries

?What Did You Watch This Week?? thread/2003-2005

Sunday, January 2, 2005 4:16 PM PST

Long time Flipside Movie Emporium thread ?What Did You Watch This Week?? passed away Sunday, Jan. 2, 2005. He was 2.

Visitation will be held Monday, Jan. 4, 2005, from 4 to 7 p.m., at Flipside?s Movie Talk forum. Funeral services will be officiated by administrator Michael B. Scrutchin, at 10 a.m., Wednesday, Jan. 4, 2005. A thread lock may ensue immediately afterward, pending the decision of administrator Scrutchin.

Mr. ?This Week?? was born August 9, 2003 at 2:25 am when JoeE created him on the Movie Talk forum, where he resided for 2 years. Of that morning, Mr. E fondly recalled, "I had nothing better to do."

He was retired from his position as community screening log when Eric Beltmann created ?Screening Log 2005." Mr. Beltmann has since entered a plea of threadslaughter.

He is survived by his replacement thread "Screening Log 2005" of Beltmann; two similar threads, ?What DVDs have you bought recently?,? of Dobbs, and ?Best Movies of 2003 (What're your picks?),? of Scrutchin; and many shorter threads.

-David Cronenberg
JoeE
Key Grip

PostPosted: 08.04.2006 3:38 pm    Post subject: Wow Reply with quote

i kick my film addiction every now and then, but when it flares up i always stop by this site. cool to see what a success this thread was.
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 08.04.2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Wow Reply with quote

JoeE wrote:
i kick my film addiction every now and then, but when it flares up i always stop by this site. cool to see what a success this thread was.

Oh my! He's....here...

I actually thought NW was here too by quickly looking at the previous post, but then I realized it was the old thread.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 72, 73, 74
Page 74 of 74