Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MYSTIC RIVER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katiedid25
Grip

PostPosted: 09.17.2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: MYSTIC RIVER Reply with quote

Has anyone seen a trailer for "Mystic River" yet? It looks like a really good drama and the cast is awesome--Kevin Bacon, Sean Penn, Laurence Fishburne, Tim Robbins... I can't wait to see it!
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.17.2003 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only seen the teaser, which doesn't show any clips from the movie, but it does look good. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

-David Cronenberg
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.17.2003 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Film Comment, a magazine I respect a lot, called "Mystic River" the best movie at the Cannes Festival 2003. That puts it at the top of my list right away.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.17.2003 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard only wonderful things. I really admire Eastwood's economy as a director, and always highly anticipate his films. I also have only seen the teaser, but all reports from various festivals sound more than promising.

Eric
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.17.2003 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The full trailer can be found here. It looks splendid. I can't wait for this one to come out. And what a cast!
WB rep
Grip

PostPosted: 10.12.2003 7:07 pm    Post subject: TV appearances Reply with quote

Hi everybody! I am an official rep for Warner Bros. and I just wanted to let everyone know that there will be special appearances of Tim Robbins from "Mystic River" on TV next week:

Oct. 14

"The View"

"The Charlie Rose Show"

Oct. 15

"The Today Show"

"Late Night with Conan O'Brien"
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.12.2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Is Eastwood making any appearances?

-David Cronenberg
filmsRpriceless
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.12.2003 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A great piece of filmmaking, featuring some of the finest performance of the year, no doubt about it. Check out my review here.
Katiedid25
Grip

PostPosted: 10.15.2003 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw MYSTIC RIVER last night and absolutely loved it! There were so many stars in it that I love (especially Kevin Bacon). The story was very interesting and kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. The end was totally shocking to me (I won’t say it), but I will say it was not what I expected at all. If you want to see a good mysterious movie, I definitely recommend checking this one out!
Mark Dujsik
Director

PostPosted: 10.15.2003 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Mystic River, Matchstick Men, and The Last Samurai, huh? All being released by Warner Bros. Hmmm... Coincidence?

--Francois Truffaut

10 Best Films of 2006

Mark Reviews Movies
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 10.15.2003 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Dujsik wrote:
So, Mystic River, Matchstick Men, and The Last Samurai, huh? All being released by Warner Bros. Hmmm... Coincidence?

Yeah, I knew she was studio shill. At least "WB rep," who posted above, is honest about being affiliated with Warner Bros; I've never seen that before.
patrey
Grip

PostPosted: 10.22.2003 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!

I've just seen Mystic River - good film!

A couple of things. Can anyone explain the religious symbolism - cross on the ring of the abductor (which was zoomed in on) and crucifix tattoo on a character's back. Does this mean any more than that nasty people can flaunt Christian symbols or have a religious veneer?

Also in the scene with the body in a morgue - the corpse seemed to be doing an awful lot of breathing Laughing

Pat
juhsstin
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.02.2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh. what a depressing, frustrating, enraging movie which makes me hate the world and think about how the truth can be so utterly buried as to not even exist anymore.

i feel so sorry for tim robbins' character who basically just gets screwed over through and through. the moment he actually expresses his anger comes at the worst time possible, and out of necessity for that instant. while to him it might seem the most timely choice for expressing it, it is actually the worst. it almost makes me want to kill James (sean penn) for his rashness of thought. i don't know if there are alternate endings and if so, which of these endings is the one i saw, but i wish that they had shown more of what happened next if not at least to see him suffer. tho i suppose it is implied that everything is simply buried thereafter. still, people would want to know what happened to Dave, especially his wife.

in the end i suppose the plot could be conceived of as somewhat contrived. there are a number of occurrences which set up the conclusion, and put together, viewing them in hindsight, it seems like a rather implausible assembly of events (particularly the encounter with the child molester). still, there is nothing in the movie which makes it feel unrealistic and everything can be explained in a believable way.

quite an affective movie. i just had to get it off my chest somehow.

PS. i don't know how to put on spoiler tags so i just put it in white font.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.02.2005 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

juhsstin wrote:
makes me hate the world and think about how the truth can be so utterly buried as to not even exist anymore.

Whoa, hold on: are you talking about Mystic River or the Bush administration?

-David Cronenberg
juhsstin
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.02.2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heh

i suppose certain things resonate with me more clearly. the bush administration is such a behemoth of bureacracy and stories, most of which i don't follow. having said that, from what i have read/seen/heard, i don't believe that the bush administration is all that honest, far from it.

at least this movie was a nice little package for me to wrap my head around. perhaps i reacted a little strongly. it was late last night, cut me some slack. lol
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2