Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need Help...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
filmsRpriceless
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Need Help... Reply with quote

If anyone can help me out, I'm wondering what an I/O Error means when it shows on Geocities after I try updating my website. It hasn't been working for a couple of days, and I noticed that, when I log into my account (even when I'm using another computer), my site addy doesn't show up in the spots that it is supposed to on the Geocities file manager page. I'm very confused, so I will be grateful if anyone can help me out.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Based solely on the movie Tron I'm guessing it means "input/output error." I have no idea what that means, but maybe that'll be some help to you, or, most likely, no help at all.

-David Cronenberg
filmsRpriceless
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.26.2003 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never saw Tron, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Other people that I know who have Geocities told me that it is working fine for them. I have no clue, but am getting really frustrated with it.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.26.2003 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Have you tried contacting someone at Geocities?

-David Cronenberg
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 10.26.2003 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:

Ha! It's impossible to get a response from a real live human with any free Yahoo! services.

Ray, I wish I could I help you out. I've used Geocities in the past, but I have no idea what the problem might be. I did a Google search for "I/O error" and "Geocities" together, but it didn't turn up anything relevant. What does the error message say? Let me know exactly what it says and I'll see if I can dig up anything.
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.26.2003 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used Geocities for 2 years and never came across that one...I have Dreamhost now.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.27.2003 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael B. Scrutchin wrote:
Ha! It's impossible to get a response from a real live human with any free Yahoo! services.

The only time I could get in touch with them was when I wanted to know how to cancel my account.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
filmsRpriceless
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.27.2003 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael B. Scrutchin wrote:
the night watchman wrote:

Ray, I wish I could I help you out. I've used Geocities in the past, but I have no idea what the problem might be. I did a Google search for "I/O error" and "Geocities" together, but it didn't turn up anything relevant. What does the error message say? Let me know exactly what it says and I'll see if I can dig up anything.

Thanks for your help. You are right that it is impossible to get a response. I have been waiting for a couple of days, so by now, I'm pretty much doubting that they will respond. Anyway, whenever I write a new addition to my screening log for example, it will act as if it is saving, but when the page loads, it brings me to the same page and says I/O Error on the top. That's all that it gives me, which is strange. So, I've decided to get yet another Geocities account, and if I run into this annoying problem again, I'll either a) give up, or b) finally pay for my own domain. Thanks again.
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.27.2003 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOOHHH YEAHHH! I had that a couple of times...but if i re-uploaded it went away,

View My Reviews
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1