Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mystic River questions -- spoilers

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sandra
Grip

PostPosted: 10.31.2003 7:17 pm    Post subject: Mystic River questions -- spoilers Reply with quote

I found the film intriguing but I have a couple of questions/comments. First of all, I found the Sean Penn character's wife's reactions to his confession of murder VERY bizarre. Sure she loves her husband, but she reacts to the fact that he killed his best friend in the same way that she would react if he said he ran a stop sign.

Next, my husband and I had a different interpr. of the ending. I thought the Kevin Bacon character, with his little gun-pointing-finger-gesture, was saying "I'll get you for it." Much as he had said earlier that he wouldn't back off if he thought it was a friend who was guilty of murder. And the Sean Penn character shrugged as if to say, "Try it."

My husband however says, the K.B. character meant his gesture as a salute, saying "Wow, you put one over on everyone." And the Penn character was saying, "Yep, sure did."

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's interpretations of this.

(and, sorry I don't remember the character's film names!)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1