Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dawn of the Dead 1-sheets

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.17.2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Dawn of the Dead 1-sheets Reply with quote

The Dawn of the Dead remake may rock or blow, only time will tell, but the one-sheets kick ass like like ass-kickin' is going out of style. As the old adage goes, you should never judge a book by its cover, and, by extention, neither should you a movie by its poster. But, damn, we can hope, can't we?

Check out first here and the new one here

-David Cronenberg

Last edited by the night watchman on 02.25.2004 4:33 am; edited 1 time in total
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.18.2004 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first one looks a bit like the Identity poster [it's still good, though], while the second one is simply great.

I haven't seen the original film yet...
Dr Giggles
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 02.27.2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got my fingers crossed for this one.

We can only hope it does Romero justice.

I'll find the suicide, that I deserve.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.27.2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr. Giggles!! Where have you been??

Eric
Dr Giggles
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 02.27.2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beltmann wrote:
Dr. Giggles!! Where have you been??

Eric

Watching horror movies!!!!!

Been real busy lately, hows life on the flipside?

Any movie recommendations?

I saw a great spanish horror movie called Los Sin nombre (1999)

'the nameless', Directed by Jaume Balaguer?. Along the lines of the ring, but original enough, and brilliantly shot. Im gonna start a thread to get your opinions.

And I also saw Takeshi Miikes Audition and I really liked that too.

I'll find the suicide, that I deserve.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard a rumor that Argento's cut of Romero's Dawn of the Dead (Zombi) would be included as a special feature on the new Dawn DVD release. Is this true? Has anyone seen Argento's cut of the film?

-David Cronenberg
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
I'd heard a rumor that Argento's cut of Romero's Dawn of the Dead (Zombi) would be included as a special feature on the new Dawn DVD release. Is this true? Has anyone seen Argento's cut of the film?

Dario Argento's cut of Dawn of the Dead is available in Region 2, but I don't think it's been made available on Region 1 yet. However, the now-OOP release of Dawn of the Dead (Theatrical Cut) features scenes from Argento's cut, I believe. I've seen it in it's entirety and it's really nothing special. Really, all it does is remove the humor which ultimatley, kills the character development, in my opinion. The new Dawn of the Dead DVD features a commentary (Quite good) from George Romero, Chris Romero, and Tom Savini. Other than that, the disc is light on extras. There is a Dawn of the Dead 3-disc Ultimate Edition coming September 17th, 2004 (according to Fangoria.com's upcoming release calander) and i'd be willing to put money on that Argento's cut of Dawn of the Dead will be on that set, in some way, shape, or form. There are SO many cuts of Dawn of the Dead though. Off the top of my head: Theatrical Cut, Director's Cut, Cannes Film Festival Cut, Argento Cut, Drive-In Cut...:lol:

I'm going into the DOTD remake with an open mind. I'm not going to protest a film i've never seen, although I really wish they wouldn't remake the film. The original is one of my favorite films, so this film better deliver the goods. As for the posters, I like the look of the first poster. The second one looks like something out of Resident Evil. I don't like it. But like you said..."Never judge a movie by it's poster". Too true.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
There is a Dawn of the Dead 3-disc Ultimate Edition coming September 17th, 2004 (according to Fangoria.com's upcoming release calander) and i'd be willing to put money on that Argento's cut of Dawn of the Dead will be on that set, in some way, shape, or form.

That might be the one I was thinking of. I'd like to see Argento's cut, if only for completist's sake.

Fred C. Dobbs wrote:

I'm going into the DOTD remake with an open mind. I'm not going to protest a film i've never seen, although I really wish they wouldn't remake the film.

They're doing a damn fine job of selling the remake, without a doubt. Like you, I think Dawn is a movie that just doesn't seem open for remake, like The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I'm hoping for the best, naturally, but prepared for the worst. And, anyway, I'd just as soon see studios spend money on original horror movies.

-David Cronenberg
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
And, anyway, I'd just as soon see studios spend money on original horror movies.

That's why i'm looking forward to The Box:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362478/

Co-written by Richard 'Twilight Zone' Matheson and Richard 'Donnie Darko' Kelly. I quite liked Cabin Fever, so I will see this. It looks very interesting.
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.11.2004 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Box sounds very intriguing and I loved Donnie Darko.

I hear Kelly is also going to adapt Vonnegut's Cat's Cradle.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.12.2004 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does sound like it has potential. Found an interview where Roth talks about the movie (if guardedly), and its source, a episode of the The New Twilight Zone, which played in the 80s. I used to watch the show religiously, but I don't recall that particular story. In any case, if you're interested, check out the interview here.

-David Cronenberg
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.31.2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow this link to a puppet show for gorehounds. It's fun andinformative.

-David Cronenberg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1