Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ashton vs Adam
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Adam or Ashton?
Adam
33%
 33%  [ 1 ]
Ashton
66%
 66%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 3

i pwn j00
Grip

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Ashton vs Adam Reply with quote

Who's the best? I would also like to hear why you think what you think. Personally, I feel the same about the two of them.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I prefer Clark Ashton Smith over Douglas Adams. Yes, The Hitchhicker's Guide to the Galaxy series was hilarious, and, yes, I'll admit that CAS is responsible for his share of stinkers. But I think Smith has had a greater influence on my writing over the years, and, moreover, I've only really read Adams's work once. That said, I'm not sure how the two qualitatively compare to each other.

-David Cronenberg
i pwn j00
Grip

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oi, sorry, maybe i should have reworded that, i meant the actors, adam sandler or ashton kutcher. Rolling Eyes
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop snickering, NW.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. I kinda liked choosing our own Adams and Ashtons, but, since I normally can't stand Sandler, I'll go with Kutcher. I did actually sort of like 50 First Dates, though, and I'm probably going to settle down and watch Punch Drunk Love soon, which, I've heard, is the Adam Sandler movie for people who hate Adam Sandler movies.

-David Cronenberg
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beltmann wrote:
Stop snickering, NW.

Moi?

-David Cronenberg
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 2:13 am    Post subject: Re: Ashton vs Adam Reply with quote

i pwn j00 wrote:
Who's the best? I would also like to hear why you think what you think. Personally, I feel the same about the two of them.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same about them, too. Why not ask us to choose between vomit and boogers?

Actually, I think this is an easy choice. I'd pick Sandler. Punch-Drunk Love easily atones for all his other lame stuff, and there were portions of Wedding Singer that were fun. I can't think of anything Kutcher has done that I'd want to remember.

Eric
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 2:31 am    Post subject: Re: Ashton vs Adam Reply with quote

beltmann wrote:
Why not ask us to choose between vomit and boogers?

Boogers.

-David Cronenberg
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
...since I normally can't stand Sandler...

Good to hear. My students apparently believe I am completely alone in the world on this point. But of course, they only talk to other teens about Sandler, and so have a rather limited perspective. While some of my friends like Sandler, the only people I know who adore him are all under 20. I'm sure I would have liked him when I was a kid, too, but fortunately it's the sort of thing you grow out of. (Though I prefer to think of it as growing into other stuff.)

Eric
i pwn j00
Grip

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't say i really adore either of them. Both are pretty obnoxious at times. I, personally, prefer Kutcher over Sandler just cause I'm more of a half hour sit-com person than a two hour movie person.

^for all j00 binary people.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pwn j00 wrote:
Can't say i really adore either of them. Both are pretty obnoxious at times. I, personally, prefer Kutcher over Sandler just cause I'm more of a half hour sit-com person than a two hour movie person.

Okay, but then let's level the playing field: Which would you watch first, Sandler in a sitcom, or Kutcher in a sitcom?

And isn't Happy Gilmore really just three sitcom episodes strung together?

Eric
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i pwn j00 wrote:

Forgot to mention that I agree that Kutcher's strongest contribution yet has, indeed, been on That '70s Show. The size of his talent matches the small screen--he's certainly tolerable on the program, and sometimes funny. Plus, he's rather likable when giving TV interviews on Letterman.

Eric
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 3:16 am    Post subject: Re: Ashton vs Adam Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
beltmann wrote:
Why not ask us to choose between vomit and boogers?

Boogers.

Duh.
i pwn j00
Grip

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont know how Sandler would do in a sitcom. The writers of a sit come starring him would probably make it loud and vulgar, and that would just be a waste then.

^for all j00 binary people.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.25.2004 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My biggest problem with Sandler is with the roles he plays; as Rob put it: "a raging asshole who shamelessly courts our sympathy." On a level playing field, however, I'd say Sandler has more charisma and talent than Kutcher. He just misuses both most of the time.

-David Cronenberg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2