Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Night of the Hunter (1955) Charles Laughton

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which Robert Mitchum character was the scariest?
Cape Fear
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Night of the hunter
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Dr Giggles
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 03.12.2004 2:46 am    Post subject: The Night of the Hunter (1955) Charles Laughton Reply with quote

The Night of the Hunter (1955) Charles Laughton

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ben Harper has committed murder for $10,000. He hides the money and makes daughter Pearl and son John promise not to tell anyone where it is hidden, not even their mother Willa. In prison and awaiting hanging, Ben meets his cellmate, the Preacher, who tries unsuccessfully to get Ben to reveal where he stashed the money. When Preacher is released from prison he heads for the Harper home, intent on finding the money. Preacher charms Willa and wins her hand in marriage, only to kill her when she learns what he is really like. With only Pearl and John separating him from a small fortune, the Preacher unleashes the full force of his true, evil self.

With a great performance by Robert Mitchum, and excellent direction from Laughton, this 1955 film noir classic is suspenseful, frightening and beautiful at the same time. Walter Schumanns lullaby type score helps give the films its eerie atmopshere. This one goes highly recommended, and Fantomas fans will get a kick out of the score... I know I did!

I'll find the suicide, that I deserve.
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 03.12.2004 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night of the Hunter, by a country mile. One of my top five favorite films of all-time.
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.12.2004 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred C. Dobbs wrote:
Night of the Hunter, by a country mile. One of my top five favorite films of all-time.

What he said.

Eric
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1