Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Seinfeld
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Seinfeld Reply with quote

Is it just me, or is Seinfeld the most cleverly written show to ever grace the airways? It's like every little thing that happens leads to a hilarious new problem for one of the other characters. Genius, I tell you. Laughing
stefanieduckwitz
Director

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
GimmickAccount
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Reply with quote

Tooky Cat wrote:
Is it just me, or is Seinfeld the most cleverly written show to ever grace the airways? It's like every little thing that happens leads to a hilarious new problem for one of the other characters. Genius, I tell you. Laughing

Yes, it's just you. This is why Jerry Seinfeld is still a poor stand-up comedian living in a studio apartment. This is why nobody watched Seinfeld. O, if only other people shared your sentiments!
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really don't like anything do you Gimmick?
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure how I feel about Seinfeld, truth be told. It's one of the rare TV shows I tend to watch in syndication (though not regularly, like The Simpsons or Futurama), and there are probably a handful of episodes I think of as the pinnacle of television. And yet, I feel it's a sort of misanthropic show, especially in its final years. I can't say I actually like any of the characters, and to a certain extent I feel a certain perverse satisfaction when they suffer as a consequence of their own misanthropy and self-centeredness. It?s surely a show that feels no love for humanity; but then, I sometimes relate to that sentiment.

-David Cronenberg
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Reply with quote

GimmickAccount wrote:
Tooky Cat wrote:

Yes, it's just you. This is why Jerry Seinfeld is still a poor stand-up comedian living in a studio apartment. This is why nobody watched Seinfeld. O, if only other people shared your sentiments!

I don't think anything graces the airways, except planes. And helicopters. And sometimes...blimps. Surprised

I like Seinfeld, but I think Jerry Seinfeld is painfully unfunny, and tries too hard. Jason Alexander, however, is hilarious. Jerry Stiller is also very good on the show.
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.30.2004 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never found Seinfeld outright hilarious - witty, certainly, but it doesn't tickle my funny bone as much as The Simpsons, Jon Stewart, Dave Chappelle, Curb Your Enthusiasm (which is ironic, given its creator), and Conan O'Brien. (Oh, and Are You Being Served? How could I forget that one!)
Tooky Cat
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 03.31.2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, well i didn't say that Jerry Seinfeld himself was the funniest guy, just the show in general.

Has anybody ever seen MXC (Most Extreme Elimination Challenge)? LOL, now there's a funny show. It's imported from Japan. Absolutely ridiculous to the point that it's just funny.

And since this is a movie site, does anybody know what MST3K is/was (Mystery Science Theater 3000). That was my all-time favorite show while it was on the air. Now it's pretty awkward to think that Sci-Fi aired something of quality.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 03.31.2004 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved MST3K. Lately, Sci-Fi Channel has been showing the same six episodes over and over, or, at least, they were around three months ago when I stopped recording it. And, yeah, I think MXC is muy funny, too. I had no idea it was created and hosted by Takeshi Kitano when I first began watching it. I just knew that one of the guys in the samurai outfit looked mighty familiar.

-David Cronenberg
GimmickAccount
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I ever say I didn't like it? Please point out where I said that.

Yesplzkthxdie
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Re: Seinfeld Reply with quote

GimmickAccount wrote:
God I hate Seinfeld. It fills me with the urge to defecate on small children.

The first part.

-David Cronenberg
stefanieduckwitz
Director

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GimmickAccount wrote:

Yesplzkthxdie

That is really rude Joe Twisted Evil Oh, and I love MXE... My favorite one is either the rollers or the sinker/floater rock thingies!
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooky Cat wrote:
And since this is a movie site, does anybody know what MST3K is/was (Mystery Science Theater 3000). That was my all-time favorite show while it was on the air. Now it's pretty awkward to think that Sci-Fi aired something of quality.

On the long lists of things I loathe, with a passion, MST3K is up there. As a horror fan, and a fan of B-Movies, I find the show just as annoying as those jerks in the movies who point and laugh at everything. It's very insulting. They could at the very least be FUNNY...some of the jokes i've heard on MST3K is worthy of a Nickelodeon cartoon. If I want to make fun of a film, i'll go over my friends house, order a pizza, and knock myself out. At least when WE poke fun at the film on the screen (Which we would never do at a theatre, in the company of other patrons who pay to see a film) it's actually funny. And we make fun of REAL bad movies: Cradle 2 Tha Grave, You Got Served, Glitter, Kazaam, Mr. Nanny...and other various atrocities. Out of the films MST3K has ruined, these are the ones I actually LIKE (according to the episode guide):

The Phantom Creeps (Serial)

The Mad Monster

The Corpse Vanishes (Awesome Bela Lugosi flick!)

The Black Scorpion

The Lost Continent (Weird-ass Hammer film...I love it!)

Earth vs. The Spider

The Castle of Fu-Manchu

The Indestructable Man (One of my favorte Lon Chaney Jr. films, lots of fun)

Hercules, Unchained

Tormented

Monster A Go-Go

Bride of the Monster (My favorite Ed Wood film, I like it more than Plan 9 and Night of the Ghouls!)

The Brain That Wouldn't Die (A classic!)

Bloodlust

The Sinister Urge (Another cool Ed Wood flick)

The Brute Man (I looove Rondo Hatton. What the hell, MST3K?)

Revenge of the Creature (The best film of the lot...there are MUCH worse out there)

The Mole People (Cool looking creatures)

Devil Doll

The Scraming Skull (So bad, it's good. I don't need any robots to tell me THAT!)

The Werewolf

Squirm

Diabolik (Is this the Mario Bava film???)

Good, cheesy fun.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For loathing the show, you seem to know a lot about it. Wink I like some of the movies they bash, too -- Monster That Challenged the World, Phase IV, The Crawling Eye, The Black Scorpion, It Conquered the World, The Mole People, and This Island Earth -- but each has certainly leaves itself open for ridicule, and the MSTK3 treatment doesn't change my enjoyment of them when I watch them in their "pure" form. And then, of course, their are the movies that earnestly deserved the bashing they got, (Time of the Apes) which, in my eyes, completely validates the show's existence.

-David Cronenberg
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 04.01.2004 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the night watchman wrote:
For loathing the show, you seem to know a lot about it. Wink

"Keep your friends close...and your enimies closer..." WinkLaughing
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2