Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Last Samurai

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Katiedid25
Grip

PostPosted: 09.10.2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: The Last Samurai Reply with quote

Has anyone seen a preview for "The Last Samurai" with Tom Cruise? This movie looks like it could be one of the best movies of the year... Tom Cruise always does a great job in all of his movies!
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.10.2003 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The last preview looked stunning, it certainly looks like it's going to be one of the finest (and biggest!) movies of the year. However, there's going to be so much competition in December, what with The Return of the King, Cold Mountain, Mona Lisa Smile and all, maybe it won't make as much money as the distributors would've liked it to do. Anyway, enough with my speculations, all we have to do is wait and see.

And I agree, Cruise has been making lots of great films lately. There's no denying that he has both talent and charisma; beside that he has worked with some of the greatest and most respected directors in Hollywood: Pollack, Kubrick, Spielberg, Scorsese, de Palma etc. Oh, and did anyone else think that Minority Report was phenomenal? I utterly loved it.
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.18.2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this one looks like the cheesiest, stupidest piece of garbage of the year after seeing the full trailer a few times...I can't even take it anymore.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.18.2003 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, I'm using a shills topic again.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.18.2003 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Third M?n wrote:
Oh, and did anyone else think that Minority Report was phenomenal? I utterly loved it.

Yeah, I thought Minority Report was excellent. The only problems I had were 1) I knew who the villain of the piece was based solely on the casting and 2) I think the Philip K. Dick short story had a much better and more interesting conclusion, and wish the movie had followed it.

As far as The Last Samurai goes, yeah, I'll check it out. It looks pretty good, and, you know, Tom Cruise always does a great job in all of his movies!

-David Cronenberg
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.18.2003 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="the night watchman"Yeah, I thought Minority Report was excellent. The only problems I had were 1) I knew who the villain of the piece was based solely on the casting and 2) I think the Philip K. Dick short story had a much better and more interesting conclusion, and wish the movie had followed it.[/quote]

Yep, that was one of my favorites of last year.

View My Reviews
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1