Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kitano and Zatoichi

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.16.2003 3:31 am    Post subject: Kitano and Zatoichi Reply with quote

One of the films I am most looking forward to is Takeshi "Beat" Kitano's Zatoichi, partially because I am a fan of swordplay films, but mostly because I admire Kitano and also adore the old Zatoichi Blind Swordsman movies from the '60s. What a cool mix!

Trailer can be seen here:

http://office-kitano.co.jp/zatoichi/trailer_main.html

Eric
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.16.2003 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impressive trailer. I've only seen Kitano's Kikujiro. I look forward to this one. The original Zatoichi movies have been playing on one of the movie channels (IFC I think?); I ought to start recording them.

-David Cronenberg
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 09.16.2003 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kikijuro wasn't one of my favorites, although I loved the music (same composer as Princess Mononoke.) For me, Kitano's best work includes Hana-Bi and Sonatine.

The original Zatoichi movies--I think there's 27?--are terrific genre fun, but they didn't really hit their stride until around episode 5 or so.

Eric
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1