Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OutKast

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.24.2003 9:53 pm    Post subject: OutKast Reply with quote

Alright, I'm listening to OutKast's new album right now, and I'm frickin blown away by it. I'm a fan of hip-hop, but even if I weren't I think "Speakerboxxx/The Love Below" would be impressive. Any other fans?
beltmann
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.24.2003 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really into hip-hop, but I like OutKast and I like this double-CD. I can't say it ranks among my favorites of the year, but it is indeed impressive.

Eric
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.24.2003 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard it. Even though I abhor hip-hop, currently, I did find their previous albums to be very good.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's weird: to me, the best hip-hop is my favorite type of music, and that I consider Jurassic 5, OutKast, Blackalicious, The Roots, or Del tha Funkee Homosapien. Meanwhile, bad hip-hop - Nelly, Snoop Dogg, Jay-Z, 50 Cent, etc. - I completely hate, and is my least favorite type of music. I think it's an art form full of rich opportunities that a lot of (mostly commercial) artists don't realize.

I consider Eminem in between great and terrible.
likeadeadduck
Grip

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i completly hate all types of hip hop or rap.

especially em
filmsRpriceless
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason, I strongly dislike OutKast but respect them as artists, and enjoy a few of their songs. I am really into rap, but not their music.
the night watchman
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.25.2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my problem with hip hop is its repetitive nature. I realize all music uses repetition (except for maybe the craziest jazz), but to me hip hop sounds like rhythms stamped out on a machine press.

-David Cronenberg
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 10.26.2003 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The worst hip-hop is blaringly repetitive, but I think the best of it is a rather abstract infusion of sounds: just the way various instruments, beats, and melodies mix. The rapidity of the lyrics can also make the music extremely powerful, which I think some of Eminem's songs are. I just started getting into it about two years ago, but I have grown to really appreciate it.
GimmickAccount
Camera Operator

PostPosted: 11.06.2003 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt header wrote:
The worst hip-hop is blaringly repetitive, but I think the best of it is a rather abstract infusion of sounds: just the way various instruments, beats, and melodies mix. The rapidity of the lyrics can also make the music extremely powerful, which I think some of Eminem's songs are. I just started getting into it about two years ago, but I have grown to really appreciate it.

I really like Eminem, and most other types of hip-hop. the song I'm currently in to: Tupac and Notorious B.I.G. - "Runnin (from the police)", produced and mixed by Eminem.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1