Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April 1, 2004... It's coming.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Site Comments & Suggestions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 02.18.2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: April 1, 2004... It's coming. Reply with quote

Inspired by the success of Flipside's DVD Release Dates section, I've decided to create the biggest, baddest DVD release dates website ever. It will be Flipside-branded, but it will have its own domain. While Flipside's current DVD release dates section is comprised of simple lists, sorted by month and release date, with each title linked to its page at Amazon.com, the new site will offer much more. Each DVD will have its own page with information about the film and DVD, along with cover art and links to purchase the DVD through select online stores. You'll be able to view comprehensive lists of new and upcoming DVDs by month and release date, as well as by genre/category and by studio. So, if you only want to browse upcoming horror DVDs, you can; if you only want to browse DVDs by Criterion or Paramount, ditto. The site will have a news section for DVD announcements, updates, and whatnot. Maybe some other cool stuff, too.

So if updates to Flipside's DVD release dates section are few and far between for the next month or so, it's because I'm busy working on getting this new site ready for launch on April 1, 2004. It's coming.

Of course, I'm open to suggestions. What specific features would you want to see?

Last edited by Michael Scrutchin on 12.05.2004 6:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 02.18.2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should mention that this site will not cover most sports, music video, educational, or specialty DVD releases. Mostly just films and TV -- if it has an IMDb listing and it's coming to DVD, it'll be covered.
The Third M?n
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 02.19.2004 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. What will the website be called?
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 03.03.2004 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site will be called Flipside DVD Release Dates (wildly creative, I know).

I just set up a newsletter for the upcoming site. You can join now to be granted an exclusive sneak-peek at the site a few days before its April 1 launch. As of now, Flipside Movie Emporium's DVD release dates section will no longer be updated, but the full-featured Flipside DVD Release Dates site will be here before you know it. Oh, yeah, join the newsletter here:

https://www.flipsidearchive.com/newsletter.html

It's below the Flipside Movie Emporium newsletter.

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Site Comments & Suggestions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1