Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Throne of Blood (1957)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fred C. Dobbs
Director

PostPosted: 04.15.2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Throne of Blood (1957) Reply with quote

My new review for Throne of Blood can be found here: http://www.10kbullets.com/reviews/throneofblood.htm

What do you think of this excellent Kurosawa film?
matt header
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 04.16.2004 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's my favorite of his. Along with Roman Polanski's Macbeth, this makes a great primer on how to adapt a brilliant work: with both Kurosawa (although the setting is completely different) and Polanski, you can feel Shakespeare in the rhythm, the mood, the style. There are a number of scenes in Throne of Blood that are absolutely perfectly done, my favorite of which is towards the beginning, when the two heroes see the mystical spirit in the forest for the first time.

That said, I haven't seen Ikiru, High and Low, Stray Dog, Red Beard, or Dersu Uzala.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Movie Talk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1