Flipside Movie Emporium Forum Index Flipside Movie Emporium
Discussion Forums Locked & Archived for Browsing

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I got a Netflix problem!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 5:06 am    Post subject: I got a Netflix problem! Reply with quote

When I get the three DVDs, I usually watch them in one or two days, as fast as I can basically. Well, I returned my last three DVDs at least five days ago and they only recieved two of them apparently. It still says on the site that I have the UNTOLD STORY DVD that I did in fact mail along with the others. I'm gonna give it one more day, then report a problem, it's pissing me off. Oh yeah, and why is it that they are only sending two a day as of late, then the third comes one or two days later. Just needed to vent, this kinda thing gets me mad, especially since I'm paying for the three DVDs at a time. Has this happened to anyone else before? What should I do?
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." -Stanley Kubrick
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One time it took them a week and a half to check in one of mine. I have a feeling they have a big pile or something and they can get pushed to the bottom.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Baldwin wrote:
One time it took them a week and a half to check in one of mine. I have a feeling they have a big pile or something and they can get pushed to the bottom.

Sounds fair enough, but they can at least notify you ya know? I'll just wait a few more days then...
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." -Stanley Kubrick
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think as far as they know, you still have it. However, if you report it as lost in the mail, a new one will go out the next day, and if they recieve the other one, it's no longer placed in your missing titles record.

View My Reviews
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Danny Baldwin wrote:
Well, I think as far as they know, you still have it. However, if you report it as lost in the mail, a new one will go out the next day, and if they recieve the other one, it's no longer placed in your missing titles record.

Is that what they do? I didn't know that they mail another one to you, but I will try basically anything b/c it's kinda ridiculous if one gets lost in the mail when the other two got in their hands... I'm gonna report it lost and that they did not recieve it but I sent, hopefully that works out.
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I jus did it and as you said, the next movie on my list will ship tomorrow after I reported THE UNTOLD STORY as missing, it said that no further action will need to be taken. I hope that this doesn't happen again.
Michael Scrutchin
Studio President

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been with Netflix for years and this has never happened.

I've also only received one defective/unplayable DVD from Netflix, ever -- just recently, too, with Tokyo Story, but they got a replacement out in a heartbeat. Turnaround has always been super-quick for me (they have a distribution center in Houston, so that helps).

Glad to hear you got it worked out, man. In such situations, it seems Netflix is always eager to correct the boo-boos as quickly as possible and make sure that the customer is happy.
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I love Netflix and I'm glad it was as simple as it was. This is a new account that I renewed, and the first one that I had was great, I didn't have a problem with it at all... What makes this happen anyway, getting lost in the mail? It's weird that I happened to send all three back at the same time (always have done this), and only two were reported back. I guess the sealing was poor and it came off in the mail, who knows.
Danny Baldwin
Studio Exec

PostPosted: 08.03.2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, don't you think there could be a few postmen who look and see that there's a red mailer with Netflix on it, and then try to make a couple bucks on Ebay?

View My Reviews
HoRRoRFaN
Cinematographer

PostPosted: 08.04.2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That could very well be the case! Damn postmen!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    Flipside Movie Emporium Forum -> Random Insanity All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1